BackgroundA private equity owned commercial bakery products business, with global operations, identifies the potential to unlock value through the divestiture of a $1bn revenue business, which represents one-third of consolidated revenue. Paradigm is engaged to perform the carve-out, prepare for and support a two year carve-out audit, and work with the company’s external sell-side due diligence team.
- Created multi-year carve-out models
- Responsible for all carve-out adjustments, including methodologies and supporting calculations
- Prepared consolidated financial statements and footnote disclosures
- Developed carve-out tax provision and supported through audit
- Provided carve-out audit support for multi-year audits
Paradigm’s ownership of the carve-out allows management to focus on operating the business and supporting the sale process. The carve-out financial statements and supporting models advance through external audit efficiently, allow the Company to obtain staple financing, ensure deal timelines are achieved, and result in a successful divestiture.